The best time to book your newborn session is while you are still pregnant
The to-do list when you are expecting a baby is a mile long. Find your birth team, decorate a nursery, research strollers, learn how to buckle in that carseat… I know your mind is constantly running through all the things you need to get done before your due date arrives. Surely finding your baby’s first photographer can wait until later, so is it really that important to do that now?
If those photos are important to you, then the answer is a resounding YES! I’ve pulled together 5 reason why reaching out early if the only way to make sure you get the portraits of your newborn that you have been dreaming of for 9 months.
- You want to land a spot with first choice photographer. Over 7,000 babies are born in Houston every month and our studio only takes 6 of them per month and after building a reputation for being one of the most desirable newborn photographers in Houston, and our schedule fills quickly. It’s not uncommon to have clients book their sessions before they’ve even gone public with their pregnancy. By booking now, you know you will get to have your newborn session in the ideal time frame (7-14 days old) and not have to settle with your second or third choice photographer because we don’t have space left in our schedule.
- Time moves faster once your baby arrives. I know first hand that those last months of pregnancy feel like they drag on forever, but I promise that is not the case once you have a newborn. If you wait until your baby is here, life becomes so busy that it is easy to feel like you blinked and 3 months are gone and you will have missed out on documenting that sweet newborn stage. By booking in advance, you ensure the plan is already in place to make the photos happen on time.
- It keeps the stress off. The last thing you need to do when you should be napping is frantically searching the internet for a newborn photographer who still has an opening. Enjoy those early days knowing you already have it covered.
- There are no surprises. By booking your session early, we will have plenty of time to plan the details so you feel confident that you will be getting exactly what you want from your session. You’ll have all your questions answered and will know exactly what to expect and how to prepare for the best results.
- It gives you time to plan financially. Babies are expensive! Between hospital costs and all the things that tiny human needs, tossing in the last minute expense of a newborn session might not be an option for your family, or you might be forced to settle for a photographer you aren’t in love with but is within the budget you can pull together. If you select your photographer early, you have months to save for the photographer you really want for your baby.
As an extra bonus, here’s one more reason booking early has major perks.
You can consider a maternity session too.
Finding a photographer you love might spark the desire to have maternity portraits done, even if you hadn’t considered it previously. Booking early means you still have time to schedule a maternity session that will be a beautiful reminder of the joy and anticipation of this season.
So when is the right time to book?
We recommend getting in touch by your 3rd trimester to ensure availability, but we have plenty of clients who reach out even earlier. Contact us to set up your consultation and learn about the luxury experience we offer for you and your little one. It’ll feel so good to check this one off your to-do list!