Congratulations your precious little one on the way! As a Houston newborn photographer, I know how important it is to capture those first few weeks of your baby’s life. And while preparing for a newborn session can be overwhelming, I’m here to help ease some of the stress.
First and foremost, I want to reassure you that our studio has almost everything we’ll need for a successful and memorable newborn session. From blankets and swaddles to clothes for mom and dad, we have you covered, so, there’s no need to worry about bringing too much or forgetting something important. However, there are a few items that I recommend bringing to the session to help keep your baby comfortable and happy. And, there are also some things that are best left at home to minimize distractions and ensure a smooth session.
What to Bring to The Studio
Our studio has everything you need to make your Houston newborn photography session a success. However, there are a few things I recommend bringing along.
- Diapers and Wipes: While we do have extra diapers and wipes on hand, it’s always a good idea to bring some of your own just in case.
- Pacifiers: Pacifiers can be a great tool for soothing your baby during the session. If your baby uses one, be sure to bring a few extra in case one gets lost or dirty.
- Bottles: If you’re formula-feeding, be sure to bring enough formula and bottles for the session. It’s very common for babies to eat more than usual during the session, so come prepared. If you’re breastfeeding, be prepared to nurse more than usual. If covering while nursing makes you more comfortable, bring that too.
- Any special items or props: If there are any special items or props that you would like to include in the photos, feel free to bring them along. However, please let me know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly.
- If you have a toddler sibling who will be accompanying you to the session, it’s helpful to bring a tablet or other quiet activity to keep them occupied. However, we recommend using headphones to ensure a peaceful environment for your baby.
I want to emphasize that most of what you need is already going to be found in your diaper bag. So, there’s no need to stress about bringing too much or forgetting something important. Just come prepared with the essentials, and we’ll take care of the rest.
What to Leave at Home
To ensure a successful newborn photography session, it’s important to leave certain items at home. Here are a few things I recommend leaving behind.
- Loud toys or gadgets: Newborns have sensitive hearing, and loud toys or gadgets can be overwhelming for them. We want your baby to feel comfortable and relaxed during the session, so it’s best to avoid bringing anything that makes excessive noise.
- Too many family members or friends: While we understand that you want to share this special moment with your loved ones, it’s important to minimize distractions during the session. Having too many people in the studio can make it difficult to keep your baby calm and focused on the camera.
- Stress and worries: Preparing for a Houston newborn photography session can be stressful, but it’s important to leave any worries at home. We want this to be a positive and enjoyable experience for you and your baby, so take a deep breath and trust us to take care of the rest.
Preparing for a newborn session can be overwhelming, but with a little planning and preparation, you can help ensure a successful and stress-free experience. Remember to bring the essentials, leave the distractions at home, and most importantly, relax and enjoy the moment. At our studio, we’re dedicated to capturing those precious memories with your little one with ease and simplicity. We can’t wait to work with you and your family!
If you want to learn more about preparing for a newborn session or bringing your toddler along to your newborn session, be sure to check out these other posts. Ready to learn more about booking your newborn’s session with our studio? Contact us here!